Dollar bill origami is a fun way to pass the time when you have nothing with you but your wallet. If you've already tried your hand at making the dollar bill shirt, consider completing your two dollar man and craft a pair of pants to match.
How to Make Dollar Bill Pants
This simple pair of pants folds easily and pairs up well with any dollar bill shirt you may choose to create. This fold gives you a pair of pant legs, with an upside down triangular "body" portion in the center of the top. They hold their shape well, so you can easily make them ahead of time, along with a shirt, for a quick and fun gift. Use a crisp, new bill for best results.
- Lay the dollar bill horizontally in front of you flat on the table.
- Fold it in half horizontally, bending the top down to the bottom and creasing in the center.
- While the bill is folded in half, fold the edges on either side of the dollar bill along the white portion up to form a "cuff." The cuff should be about 1/8 of an inch wide.
- Fold the dollar bill lengthwise a second time, making sure you keep the white cuffs visible on the outside of the fold.
- Create two 45-degree folds in the bill to extend the legs downward and leave a center point or triangle facing up in the middle.
- Make a 90-degree fold at the base of the triangle, folding the point of the triangle downward toward the front of the bill and securing the legs.
If you're planning on mounting the pants with the shirt and not having the pants stand alone in any way, you can also use this very quick and easy fold to simulate a pair of pants that can be tucked beneath the bottom of the shirt.
- Lay the dollar bill horizontally in front of you.
- Fold the bill in half lengthwise and crease, then unfold it again so the crease shows in the center.
- Fold the top edge of the dollar bill lengthwise down to meet the crease in the center.
- Fold the bottom edge of the dollar bill up to meet the crease.
- Fold the bill in half again along the crease you made in the first step, keeping the edges of the bill inside the fold.
- Fold the bill in half from right to left at a slight angle so the two "pant legs" overlap one another at the top and extend downward side-by-side.
- Position the top edge just beneath the edge of a dollar bill shirt to complete the outfit.
Complete Any Two Dollar Suit
Folding money into origami shapes is a fun pastime, whether you plan to unfold them back into your wallet or give them as a gift. Try making either of these pairs of origami money pants and complete the cheapest suit you've ever owned.