Although you can purchase any number of boxes or gift bags for your ring gift, a handmade paper ring box is a great way to add personality and warmth. These origami ring boxes are the perfect size for any small jewelry items or other trinkets as well.
How to Make a Paper Ring Box
Choose the same color paper for the box and its lid, or select complimentary colors to really make the box stand out. Follow these steps to create your own ring box.
- 2 sheets of 6-by-6 origami paper
- Place the first sheet of paper on a flat working surface face down.
- Carefully and neatly fold the paper in half in both directions and unfold.
- Fold the paper in half diagonally in both directions as well and unfold. You will half completed a total of 4 folds.
- Fold each corner into the center. Crease sharply.
- Fold the paper in thirds in both directions.
- Fold one of corners back out. Repeat on the opposite side of the box.
- Lift the first corner you pulled out up and re-crease the folds along the bottom of the flap to form the side of the box.
- Fold the newly folded side flap down back into the center of the box. Repeat with the other side to finish the box.
- Place the second sheet of paper face down on a flat working surface.
- Fold each of the corners of the paper into the center.
- Place the box in the center of the second sheet of paper.
- Fold the sides of the lid paper up around the box. This will ensure the lid fits properly.
- Repeat steps 4-8 of the box to complete the lid.
Add Personal Touches
After you have made your paper ring box, have fun making it unique. You can add pretty ribbons, stickers, or other embellishments to decorate the box. This allows you to personalize your gift even more and the recipient is sure to love the additional touches.