Naruto origami brings to life the ninja character of Uzumaki Naruto. Created by Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto is the main character in a Japanese animated comic series that documents the quest of a young boy to become a master ninja and leader to his people. The quest often involves using guns and other weapons to defeat the enemy. Make Naruto origami weapons to reenact scenes from the series.
How to Fold Kunai Naruto Origami
The most notable weapon used by Naruto is a kunai which is a type of knife that is formed from a garden trowel. To create the origami version, follow these steps:
- Using a standard 8 1/2 by 11 inch piece of paper, fold in half vertically then unfold and smooth flat. Fold one-half of the paper vertically to meet in the middle fold. Repeat for the other half.
- Fold the paper in half horizontally with the open ends at the bottom. Fold the top third of each side diagonally, pressing to create a firm crease. There should be two triangles on at the top that form a point.
- Fold one triangle inward to form a more narrow point. The fold should be from tip to bottom, similar to how a paper airplane is folded. Repeat for the opposite triangle.
- With the point facing down, fold one of the square sides in towards the middle to create a triangle. Repeat for the other square side. The result should look like a kite.
- Fold the right upper triangle toward the middle to form a narrow triangle. Fold the left upper triangle over the right to create a steep point.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to create an identical piece of origami.
- Layer both completed pieces with the open flaps facing. Slide the flaps of one piece onto the flaps of the other so that folds are to the inside. Push a pencil or small dowel up through the bottom to create a handle.
- The kunai is now ready for use in Naruto origami battle. For long-term use, consider using tape or glue to make the kunai sturdier.
How to Fold Shuriken Naruto Origami
Another popular weapon used by Naruto is a shuriken which is a star shaped weapon that is thrown. The ends are sharp and used to impale the enemy. To create an origami version of this dangerous weapon, follow these steps:
- Cut a standard 8 1/2 by 11 inch piece of paper in half along the horizontal to produce two pieces. Place one piece in front of you with the long side horizontal. Fold in half towards you and fold in half again to create a horizontal fold.
- Fold in half vertically so the open ends are on the right and the crease is on the left. Open again and lay flat so the crease is in the middle.
- Take the right end and fold into a 45-degree angle in the middle to form a triangle. Turn the paper 180-degrees and fold the end so that it also folds toward the middle at a 45-degree angle to form a triangle. The result should be two triangles that form a diamond in the middle with rectangular tails.
- Place the folded side face down and fold one tail towards the middle to butt against the triangle. Turn the paper 180-degrees and fold the other tail towards to middle as well. The result will be a diamond middle with two squares on each end.
- Fold one square in half diagonally to form a triangle. Fold the triangle onto the diamond. Repeat with the other square. The final form should be two triangles that roughly form a diamond.
- Follow the previous steps to form an identical piece.
- Slightly open the flaps of the triangles and slide the flap of one into the flap of the other using a clockwise direction. Tuck the first three flaps using an over and under process similar to tucking in the flaps of a cardboard box. For the final flap, firmly tuck into place then press to flatten.
After completing both the kunai and shuriken, the stage is set for battle. Whether you choose to be the Naruto character or one of his many enemies, use the weapons for maximum role playing effect.