Learning how to make an easy origami wreath is a fun project for paper crafters of all skill levels. This eclectic wreath makes a great decoration in any bedroom, office, locker or dorm room and is fun to open and close. If you understand basic origami, this project should be a snap.
Free Origami Wreath Pattern
You can use any colors of origami paper you'd like to make your wreath. Seasonal colors for holidays are always a nice choice, or use shiny or patterned papers for an eye-catching display. The only rule is that all of the paper squares must be the same size.
- 8 sheets of square origami paper (the larger the paper the bigger the wreath will be)
- Place your first sheet of paper on a flat surface with the colored side down. Fold the sheet in half and crease sharply.
- Fold the bottom corner up to meet the edge of the paper and crease sharply.
- Open the previous fold up and tuck it inside. Refold the same crease inside out to make an inside reverse fold.
- Slightly unfold the center of the paper and fold the other two corners inside to meet the center crease.
- Refold the center crease to complete this unit.
- Repeat steps 1-5 on each sheet of paper for a total of 8 units.
- Begin assembling the units to create the wreath. Slide the second unit into the first unit's inside reverse fold as shown in the picture.
- Tuck the first unit's points inside the second unit's fold to link the two together.
- Attach a third unit inside the second unit in the same manner.
- Continue attaching units until the wreath is a complete circle.
This wreath can easily be transformed into a ring shape by pulling on the center of it to pull the edges out.
There are a number of origami wreath designs to choose from. Some are particular for the holidays, while others, like the one featured above, are modern and fun. This tea bag origami wreath is a neat project and a great way to use tea bag papers. Origami is a paper art that has a rich history and is a fun project for the whole family.